What a summer! Junior Baseball reviews more than 100 youth baseball titles from across the land! Complete coverage of AABC, Babe Ruth, CABA, Cal Ripken, Dixie, Dizzy Dean, Little League, PONY, USSSA and more!
PLUS! LEARN TO PLAY Â• The CardsÂ’ RYAN THERIOT: Training in the Off-Season Â• Defending the Strike Zone Â• Do You Have What It Takes to Lead-Off? Â• MIKE CAMERON: 4 Tips for Playing the Outfield Â• Triple A Squad: Whose Play Is It Anyway? Â• ARMANDO GALARRAGA: Dealing with Disappointment Â• Dear Diary: Take Note of the Lessons on the Field Â• The Art of the Pickoff Move
LOVE TO PLAY Â• When I Was a Kid: The MarinersÂ’ ADAM KENNEDY Â• Collectors Corner
LEAD THE PLAY Â• Coaches Clinic Â– Assuming they know nothing! Â• In The Stands Â– Raising a Confident Kid
PLUS! The 2011 Junior Baseball Holiday Gift Guide Â– More than 30 great ideas for your favorite baseball fan!
THE 2011-12 JUNIOR BASEBALL CAMP GUIDE! A look at the top spots across the nation for baseball instruction!
* The YankeesÂ’ NICK SWISHER: Tips on Switch-Hitting * The GiantsÂ’ MARK DEROSA: Tips for a Healthy Off-the-Field Approach * The TigersÂ’ BRAD PENNY: 4 Tips for Adjusting to a New Team
LEARN TO PLAY!
* Hit the First Pitch! * Triple A Squad: Picking the Pitches * Rookie Club: Off-Season Workouts * A Step in the Right Direction: When It Comes to Fielding, Footwork Counts * The Curve Can Wait: Master These Priority Pitchees and You Will Excel on the Mound * Triple-A Squad: Equalizers for Small Pitchers
LOVE TO PLAY!
* When I Was a Kid: The MetsÂ’ MIKE PELFREY * Locker Room -- Sneak Peek: 2012 Bats! A first glimpse at some hot models that will be crowding the plate next Spring * Collectors Corner Â– Factors that Determine a CardÂ’s Value
LEAD THE PLAY!
* Coaches Clinic Â– Trouble Communicating with Your Team? HereÂ’s Some New Ideas * In The Stands Â– Beware the One-Sport Athlete * Climbing the Ladder Â– A Quick Overview of a Youth Baseball Career
GRADUATING YOUR GAME: CAN YOU PLAY AT THE NEXT LEVEL?
* 5 Tips to Make the High School Baseball Team * What It Takes to Go from High School to College Ball
LEARN TO PLAY * The Cubs' CARLOS PENA: How to Develop a Good Eye * The Pirates' ANDREW MCCUTCHEN: Staying UP When Your Team is DOWN * The Braves' TIM HUDSON: How to Overcome an Injury * Controlling the Tempo as a Hitter * Triple A Squad: Inside-Out Hitting * Rookie Club: Safe Slides * Triple A Squad: Fancy Footwork at First Base * Rookie Club: Backing Up the Play * Pitching with Perseverance * Triple A Squad: 20 Rules for Pitching
LOVE TO PLAY!
* Why Do Coaches Use Hand Signals? The Story of Luther H. Taylor * When I Was a Kid: DREW STOREN * Fun Food & Fitness * Collector's Corner: If I were the Baseball Card Commish
LEAD THE PLAY!
* In the Stands: Take the Sports Parenting Quiz * JB Marketplace
A Guide to Junior Baseball's Top Tournaments Across the Country This Summer!
Plus! * The Rockies' TODD HELTON -- How to Hit to All Fields * The Orioles' MATT WIETERS -- How to Handle a Pitching Staff * The Athletics' TREVOR CAHILL -- How to Build Your Arm Strength
Learn to Play! * Get a Good Jump! How Baserunning Wins Games * The Frozone: See it, Hit it! * Triple A Squad: The Importance of Good Throwing Lanes * Rookie Club: Learning the Rundown Play
Love to Play! * When I Was a Kid: CLAY BUCHOLTZ of the Red Sox * Off the Wall -- Profiles of America's Top Teams: Teams from Hollister, Calif. and San Fernando Valley, Calif. * A New Camp in Town -- PETE ROSE's New Baseball Camp * Collector's Corner -- The Pressure's On For These Budding Stars * Locker Room -- The Dirt on Baseball Stuff * My Story -- Spring (Training) Break with Dad and Son
Lead the Play! * In The Stands -- What's Your Family's Sports Culture? * Coaches Clinic -- Should You Let Your Kid Catch? * The JB Marketplace
MLB Tips from: * The PhilliesÂ’ CLIFF LEE: The Importance of a Great Relationship with Your Catcher * The MarinersÂ’ CHONE FIGGINSÂ’ Tips for Playing Multiple Positions * The Blue JaysÂ’ ADAM LIND: How to Deal with High Expectations
LEARN TO PLAY * The Frozone: 7 Steps to Quicker Steps Around the Bases * Pitching: Avoid Rushing Your Delivery
* Buying & Breaking in a New Glove * Rookie Club: How to Play Pepper * Triple A Squad: Throwing a Safe Curveball
LOVE THE PLAY * When I Was a Kid: The Tigers' BRANDON INGE * Collector's Corner: What Should You Get Autographed? * Fun Food & Fitness: New Eating Habits for the New Season * Travel & League Play Â– Safe sticks for Little League
LEAD THE PLAY * Can My Son Play College Ball? ItÂ’s Never Too Soon to Think About His Next Step * Coaches Clinic: The Productive 2-Hour Practice * 3 Things to Avoid in Building Your SonÂ’s Self-Confidence
* The 2011 JUNIOR BASEBALL EQUIPMENT BUYERÂ’S GUIDE: Over 40 product reviews to get you ready for the upcoming season!
The 2011 Junior Baseball Safety & Training Guide -- As the new season approaches, we review nearly 40 ideas to train and play safe ball.
PLUS! * DUSTIN PEDROIA of the Red Sox -- Believing In Yourself * The Royals' BILLY BUTLER -- The Mental Approach to Hitting * The Astros' JA HAPP -- A Tipsheet for Lefty Pitchers
Learn to Play! * 6 Steps to a Sweet Swing * How to Pitch from the Stretch * Rookie Clubs: Indoor Practice Drills / The Good Fielding Pitcher * Triple A Squads: Playing the Outfield / Pre-Game Scouting Tips
Love to Play! * When I Was A Kid: The Orioles' LUKE SCOTT * Off The Wall: Profiles of America's Youth Baseball Teams * Collector's Corner: 2010's Bumper Crop of Rookies * Fun Food & Fitness: Playing Team Sports with ADD
Lead the Play! * Coaches Clinic: The Frozone -- 6 Habits of Highly Effective Coaches * The JB Marketplace